Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to view a previous sprint that has been closed? Edited

In board view.....

In next gen project. 

I have no sprint report, if that helps to know which version I am using. 

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted

Incase anyone else is looking for this answer. The answer is you can't. 

Wow. Why?

You know what, I'm sorry, but this is really getting a "What the hell do I pay you people for?" reaction from me.

Monique vdB Community Manager Mar 06, 2020

@mheck Keep in mind that personal attacks against Atlassians or other users is not permitted on this platform. Some of your other posts have been removed accordingly and this one is also skirting the line. I understand you're frustrated but please keep our guidelines in mind and stay constructive. Thanks!

Hi Brian,

You're correct that there's no way to currently do this in next-gen projects. We're really sorry for the inconvenience and while we are building up more capabilities in next-gen to support more ways of working, we can also do a much better job of setting expectations for what's available and not yet available in the new project types before creating them.

It would be helpful to understand what you're trying to use the sprint report for, if possible. Is it to reopen or edit a sprint? Access and view the completed work in the sprint? 

It's probably not the information you're looking for that you would typically get from the sprint report, but as a workaround that might help unblock some actions for you, you can find and edit issues in any sprint by navigating to the Search page, adding the "Sprint" field in the "More" dropdown button, and selecting your desired sprint name. This will give you all the issues in that sprint which you can edit as necessary from there (either individually or via "bulk change" in the top right). Hope that helps, and sorry again for the inconvenience - we're working hard to improve!

Harrison

Product Designer, Jira Software

I need to report to my boss what have been done in previous sprints. It is surprising such a basic feature is not present. This is super bad.

Like # people like this

Hi Harrison,  is there any status update on sprint reporting capabilities please? 

Thank you,

-gary

Like # people like this

It's almost 2020. When will we be able to view previous sprints in the Board or Backlog?

Like Thomas Reyskens likes this

I literally cannot believe you guys shipped this.

Like # people like this

Is this still the case? this issue is almost a year old now, and being able to look at past task is basic functionality.

Like # people like this

What search page???  

Go to Reports -> Sprint burndown chart (not available for all clients??)

Choose sprint from dropdown. (Ours only goes back to the beginning of this year.. nothing earlier than that)

Scroll down. Issues are grouped by : Issues added, Issues incomplete during sprint, Issues Completed.

Choose next print from dropdown.. etc..

Not intuitive, but workable. Hope this helps others.

0 votes

Hello,

You can not view it in the board view. You should view it in the sprint report.

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 11.40.41 AM.png

These are my only reports. 

It's a next-gen project type. Probably a terrible decision on my part. I just would have never thought that I would not be able to see my prior data.  I really don't want to pay for Confluence just to get my Jira data. 

Like andrés likes this

Yes, if you want to see old sprints, then you should move to a classic project.

Like # people like this

Thank you. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but at least I know. 

What a terrible decision on Jira's part. I mean that's up there with new Coke and that weird Garth Brooks album. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

224 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you