How to use different workflow for different issue types in a team-managed project

yousef.ismail July 7, 2021

Is there a way to define different workflows for different issues types in a Software team-managed project?

I am not able to save an updated workflow to just one issue type instead, getting a "

Save workflow for all issue types

Changes to this workflow apply to all 10 issues types in your "Data Engineering" project.

" and am unable to select any of the issue types to copy my workflow to,  grayed-out pointer.

image.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hi Yousef - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is not available yet for Team-managed projects. It is on their roadmap, but not sure of a timeframe. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Actually, there is an update that they are rolling out the ability to create a separate workflow, but just for Epics. You can get more information here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-how-work-flows-in-your-team-managed-project/

Like Jack Brickey likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

The only other option I can think of right now is to create a Company-managed project instead and migrate the existing issues to the new project. 

0 votes

Thanks a lot John, 

I was driving myself crasy trying to find a way to do this.

Do you suggest any alternatives to achieve the same result? change the jira project to a different type or something like that?

0 votes

Screenshot for more info

image.png

Suggest an answer