How to upgrade the Server version that is no longer supported.

大久保早輝 March 25, 2024

I'm currently using JIRA Project Management Software v6.4.14 for Server

If you want to migrate this supported server version to the cloud, but want to use the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant, you must be on server version 7.6.0 or higher.

To upgrade the server version that is no longer supported, it seems that you can do it with a trial license.

But does this mean that I can sign up for a trial license from the server version to the data center version and upgrade?

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

It's my understanding that you can upgrade your server version to any release that was available on 2/15, so all the way through 9.5.7 (or something like that, I don't remember the exact number) without migrating to DC first. So upgrade server to 7.6.0 and then use the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant to move over to Cloud.

大久保早輝 March 25, 2024

Hi @Matt Parks 

Yes, I know that.
So, I want to upgrade my server version to 7.6.0 but I can understand that upgrading server version is done by using trial license of DC according to ATLASSIAN document.
Does this mean that I have to use DC in order to upgrade server version? Or is it possible to upgrade server version as server?
I'm sorry for my poor English.

Thank you.

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2024

I don't think you need to a trial license of DC to upgrade server to 7.6.0. As long as you aren't upgrading past 9.5.7 (or whatever was the latest version on 2/15), you can use server to upgrade.

Suggest an answer