How to unlock custom field after from Jira software migrated to Cloud

Steven Zhang February 7, 2021

We have migrated from Jira software to the cloud, but we meet  a problem:

1.we have a custom field 'QA assignee' that type is search  the user/group, it's working in Jira software

2. After migration to the Jira cloud, some projects can't use the custom field 'QA assignee' (with a locked icon, ), but some projects can use this custom field

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2021

Hi @Steven Zhang

could you please also attach a screenshot from custom field overview? Probably this gives a hint how the field is configured in detail - and at least it will tell the type.

Here an example of my instance:

grafik.png

You get there when pressing the dot (.) and typing Custom Fields.

Regards,
Daniel

Steven Zhang February 8, 2021

The type of "QA assignee" is User Picker(single user)

image.png

I found a way that if I changed the user's access permission to Trusted, this custom field is working for this user,  but I can't change all user to Trusted actually.

image.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

I think it is not needed to grant them the "Trusted" role but instead I see from your screenshot the users does not seem have access to "Jira Software" - this is rather the issue from what I can see.
Can you grant them access? Then it should work!

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

Hi @Steven Zhang ,

Can you please share a screenshot? I was reading this article (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-are-locked-custom-fields/) and wonder if those custom fields are linked to a 3rd party plugin. Thanks

Steven Zhang February 7, 2021

@Carlos Garcia Navarro 

Thank you for your reminder, I will read the article.

1. When I create a new issue in this project, I can see a lock icon:

qa-lock.png

2. For old issue, I can't search any users or group when I type some text in this filed

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events