• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to unlock custom field after from Jira software migrated to Cloud

We have migrated from Jira software to the cloud, but we meet  a problem:

1.we have a custom field 'QA assignee' that type is search  the user/group, it's working in Jira software

2. After migration to the Jira cloud, some projects can't use the custom field 'QA assignee' (with a locked icon, ), but some projects can use this custom field

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Steven Zhang ,

Can you please share a screenshot? I was reading this article (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-are-locked-custom-fields/) and wonder if those custom fields are linked to a 3rd party plugin. Thanks

@Carlos Garcia Navarro 

Thank you for your reminder, I will read the article.

1. When I create a new issue in this project, I can see a lock icon:

qa-lock.png

2. For old issue, I can't search any users or group when I type some text in this filed

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Feb 07, 2021

Hi @Steven Zhang

could you please also attach a screenshot from custom field overview? Probably this gives a hint how the field is configured in detail - and at least it will tell the type.

Here an example of my instance:

grafik.png

You get there when pressing the dot (.) and typing Custom Fields.

Regards,
Daniel

The type of "QA assignee" is User Picker(single user)

image.png

I found a way that if I changed the user's access permission to Trusted, this custom field is working for this user,  but I can't change all user to Trusted actually.

image.png

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Feb 08, 2021

I think it is not needed to grant them the "Trusted" role but instead I see from your screenshot the users does not seem have access to "Jira Software" - this is rather the issue from what I can see.
Can you grant them access? Then it should work!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,105 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you