How to switch off this damn auto text formatting???

Monika Niebelska April 1, 2021

Jira sucks! I just switched to the "

New Jira issue view" and it's really terrible. 

The most annoying part of it, is the auto formatting of text.

I feel like I'm writing my tickets in MS Word and that's not a complement.

How to switch this off? 

I want to get back to the previous text formatting where, if I wanted to add a header, I would just type "h4." or "h3." and when I wanted to add a list in my text all I had to do was to type "*" or "#". 

Please help. I tried to find a solution in already existing questions/discussions but no luck. 

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

Hello @Monika Niebelska,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On the new issue view, the editor for description and comments is the Markdown. Previously, on the old view, it was the Wiki Markup where you could use the formatting you mentioned.

For more information about the text formatting on the Markdown editor, please check the documentation below:

Can you please share with us screenshots of the issue you are facing with the new editor?

Kind regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Hi Monika,

can you help me understand the issue better so I can see if I can assist? Where are you seeing this auto formatting? Is this when entering a description or comment? I am not seeing any auto formatting which leads me to believe I’m not looking in the same place. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events