How to stop sidebar popping out every time I open a page?

Neill B April 28, 2023

For the past few weeks or so, any time I open or refresh a page in Jira, I have to keep closing the sidebar, because it is always open by default. It's quite annoying, how can I keep it tucked away by default? It has only recently started happening. I'm referring to the sidebar that can be expanded and collapsed by pressing [.

It is also pretty annoying how it pops out any time the mouse is at the side of the page, it would be better if it only opened when I actually clicked the button to open it. But that's been that way for a while.

2 answers

0 votes
Samantha Cricchio September 22, 2023

This is incredibly annoying, as my company recently migrated to Cloud Jira, and have to say it, but the UI is terrible! Whoever designed this site probably doesn't use it on a daily basis.

0 votes
Brian Trepto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Hello @Neill B

unfortunately it is not possible to change this behavior. Either the project sidebar is always open, or it is collapsed. If it is collapsed and you move the mouse into that area, the sidebar will open automatically.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask them! 😊

Kind regards

Brian Trepto

Atlassian Consultant

STAGIL GmbH - Platinum Solution Partner 

Neill B April 28, 2023

Thank you for replying Brian, so how can I keep it collapsed? Why has this only recently started happening? It used to be closed by default until I open it, but now it is open by default and I have to close it every page I go to. I might just use AdBlock to block it since I never use it and it annoys me several times a day :)

Brian Trepto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Please try resetting your browser cookies. Maybe that helps to resolve this issue!

Neill B April 28, 2023

@Brian TreptoI'm afraid that didn't fix the issue, AdBlock it is then :) Is it just me having this issue?

Brian Trepto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2023

I never had that issue and also don't know anyone having the same problem. 

Maybe someone else can help! 😆

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events