How to stop autoformatting of text

Charles Coody July 20, 2021

We use Jira Work Management at my office and when trying to put a comment in an issue like "2 Left Lanes Blocked" the number two gets auto formatted to a bullet point and I cant figure out how to stop this from happening. This has only started happening today and has never happened before.

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Charles Coody

you are right - I can confirm that on my instance it is the same.

Animation.gif

By clicking the symbol for the lists it reverted to a non-automatic created list.
I suppose you want to define a default behaviour so you do not have to click the symbol every time to remove the auto-formatting?
Unfortunately I were not able to find an option for that.

Please consider using the button "Give feedback" to report it to Atlassian's product team.

Regards,
Daniel

Charles Coody August 9, 2021

Thank you for your answer. I will go ahead and do the give feedback as how we notate lane blockage in our tickets is commonly "2 left lanes blocked". The fact that the number two can't be at the start of a sentence without being formatted to a bullet is quite an annoyance.

Like Damien Ingrand likes this
0 votes
Charles Coody July 20, 2021

I have tried doing the suggestion of adding a back slash "\" before the number and that stops it, but the backslash gets carried with the comment when posted and you get a sentence like this "\2 Left Lanes Blocked". We can turn off keyboard shortcuts but we should also have an option to turn off auto formatting as it doesn't always fit the needs of all users of the platform.

Suggest an answer