How to stop a board from hiding completed issues older than 2 weeks?

Parth G November 26, 2020

Hello! I am trying to find out how to stop my Jira board from hiding issues that were completed more than 2 weeks ago. Many solutions I have seen seem to suggest the first place to click is the "..." on the right side of the board, but our boards do not seem to have a "..." on the right. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

HI @Parth G  are you using a Next Gen or classic project?

I found the following information regarding the "Fast Kanban" feature that hides these issues: (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-disable-Fast-Kanban-so-that-issues-do-not/qaq-p/1454443)

If using NG:

it's not possible to customise this setting at present to stop issues disappearing from the board.

For older Done issues - I would suggest activating the Issue Navigator:

1. Go to Project Settings > Features
  2. Toggle Issue Navigator to ON
  3. Back in the project, select Issues from the left-hand menu
  4. Filter this list to show "Done" issues

It'd not ideal, but it's one option at present.

-------------

Another option is to use a Classic Project/Board - where the option to stop issues disappearing is available via...

• Board Settings > General > Hide Completed Issues Older than

You can technically display Next-Gen issues on a Classic Board but it's not an ideal experience. If you were to move to a Classic Board, I'd advise also moving to a Classic Project.

Parth G November 26, 2020

Many thanks for your response. It looks like we are using a Classic Project. However, I really cannot find a way to get to the Board Settings. According to all my searches, it seems like the way to access the Board Settings is using the "..." button but I cannot find this button anywhere.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2020

@Parth G ,

On a Classic Software project, I have these in the top right corner.

image.png

Those "..." send me to board settings.

Then on the bottom you see the "hide issue when.. "

Parth G November 30, 2020

Thank you for your reply Dirk. I was doing some digging and it seems like I am using a basic Kanban board that cannot be customised. Therefore, the board does not have the "..." button that you described in your last comment. I guess I will just have to live with disappearing tickets until I can create a new customisable board for the next project. 

0 votes
Simon Hill October 7, 2022

An alternative is to name the last column in your Board "Closed" (green) and add a new column called "Resolved" or "Done" and make this a WIP column (Blue). Then only when you want to wave goodbye to your items do you but them in the "Closed" column.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events