• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to stop a board from hiding completed issues older than 2 weeks?

Hello! I am trying to find out how to stop my Jira board from hiding issues that were completed more than 2 weeks ago. Many solutions I have seen seem to suggest the first place to click is the "..." on the right side of the board, but our boards do not seem to have a "..." on the right. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

HI @Parth G  are you using a Next Gen or classic project?

I found the following information regarding the "Fast Kanban" feature that hides these issues: (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-disable-Fast-Kanban-so-that-issues-do-not/qaq-p/1454443)

If using NG:

it's not possible to customise this setting at present to stop issues disappearing from the board.

For older Done issues - I would suggest activating the Issue Navigator:

1. Go to Project Settings > Features
  2. Toggle Issue Navigator to ON
  3. Back in the project, select Issues from the left-hand menu
  4. Filter this list to show "Done" issues

It'd not ideal, but it's one option at present.

-------------

Another option is to use a Classic Project/Board - where the option to stop issues disappearing is available via...

• Board Settings > General > Hide Completed Issues Older than

You can technically display Next-Gen issues on a Classic Board but it's not an ideal experience. If you were to move to a Classic Board, I'd advise also moving to a Classic Project.

Many thanks for your response. It looks like we are using a Classic Project. However, I really cannot find a way to get to the Board Settings. According to all my searches, it seems like the way to access the Board Settings is using the "..." button but I cannot find this button anywhere.

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Nov 27, 2020

@Parth G ,

On a Classic Software project, I have these in the top right corner.

image.png

Those "..." send me to board settings.

Then on the bottom you see the "hide issue when.. "

Thank you for your reply Dirk. I was doing some digging and it seems like I am using a basic Kanban board that cannot be customised. Therefore, the board does not have the "..." button that you described in your last comment. I guess I will just have to live with disappearing tickets until I can create a new customisable board for the next project. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

858 views 14 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you