Is there a way to disable Fast Kanban so that issues do not disappear from the Done column?

Sahiba August 11, 2020

Hi!

How can I disable the Fast Kanban settings from my project. The done issues disappear if there is an inactivity for 2 weeks, however I would like to continue to see those issues on my dashboard. How can I change the retention settings or choose to display all issues on my board?

Thank you!

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2020

Hi @Sahiba 

You mention "Next-Gen" in the labels, so I assume this is for that project type?

If yes, it's not possible to customise this setting at present to stop issues disappearing from the board.

For older Done issues - I would suggest activating the Issue Navigator:

1. Go to Project Settings > Features
  2. Toggle Issue Navigator to ON
  3. Back in the project, select Issues from the left-hand menu
  4. Filter this list to show "Done" issues

It'd not ideal, but it's one option at present.

-------------

Another option is to use a Classic Project/Board - where the option to stop issues disappearing is available via...

• Board Settings > General > Hide Completed Issues Older than

You can technically display Next-Gen issues on a Classic Board but it's not an ideal experience. If you were to move to a Classic Board, I'd advise also moving to a Classic Project.

Ste

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2020

Not quite sure what you mean by "fast kanban", but the next-gen Kanban boards are simple and do drop items that are done and inactive for a fortnight.  You can't change the way it does that.

But you can display anything you want on a dashboard.  Most of the gadgets on a dashboard are driven by a filter behind them, and there's no need to use "and updated > -14d" in those.

Sahiba August 11, 2020

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- thanks for your response. This is what I meant by fast kanban, I learnt that this is a feature automatically makes the issue disappear if there's no activity on it for 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was a way to disable that. Thank you, I will check the filter settings for my board.MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2020

Ah, I see.  "Fast" here was just a word picked to say they've made it a bit more simple (i.e. end-users having to think less).  It's not editable though.

0 votes
David Goldberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2023

Hi - bringing this back up as we are 2-3 years past the original question.  Is it possible to see issues on the board that are over 2 weeks in the status?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

Hi @David Goldberg 

As far as I know, it's still not available in Team-managed (formerly called Next Gen) Projects.

It's still possible in Company-managed Kanban though (formerly called Classic) - see instructions in my comment above.

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events