How to setup a filter that shows tickets with no responses.

Will Sleppy April 29, 2021

Hello,

I have searched the existing posts but I don't see anyone with a filter like the one I am trying to set up. I have a few JQL filters and I understand the syntax a little, but I am trying to setup a filter where I can see all tickets in my queue that have not been touched by anyone yet. I can't find a way to logically say there's been no response to a ticket, or that the requester is the only one that has commented.  Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Actually...

Thanks to the built-in Jira Toolkit Plugin you can do this.

But first off, you have to add the fields (they don't have to be on any screens to work):Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.11.02 PM.png

(Thanks to @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for providing this answer. I didn't see the field in my test instance and it was driving me crazy because I knew it was possible.)

Wow, I was just going to give you this:

"Number of comments" > 0

But it looks like they have exactly what you need: 

Last commented by a User Flag
Displays true if last commenter who is not a JIRA developer (member of 'jira-developers'). Comes with its own checkbox searcher

So then:

"number of comments" = 0 OR "Last commented by a User" = "false"

(I wonder if it is actually hard-coded to the jira-developers group, or if it means licensed Jira users vs Customers. Time to do a test.)

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Drat. The field is hard-coded to the jira-developer group. What a bummer.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-62067

I suppose if you really wanted to, if the group isn't already used, you could create it and put all of your Service Agents into it, and then my JQL above would work as expected.

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Ooof, just realized that "all tickets in my queue" does not mean you're using JSM.

So nevermind that bit about Service Agents.

I realize now that you're really (maybe) wanting issues where you are not the last commenter. So then, if you add a "Last commenter/updater" field (see above):

assignee = currentuser() AND ( "number of comments" = 0 OR "Last commenter/updater" != currentuser() )

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

JQL won't be able to filter a comment by the reporter especially when such reporter can't be specified. You will need to look into an add-on from Atlassian Marketplace that can do that.

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Another thing you could do, is create a report of each ticket which could let you know such information. I wrote this article here a while back that can generate such a report but you have to use API to achieve it.

Suggest an answer