Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to setup a filter that shows tickets with no responses.

Hello,

I have searched the existing posts but I don't see anyone with a filter like the one I am trying to set up. I have a few JQL filters and I understand the syntax a little, but I am trying to setup a filter where I can see all tickets in my queue that have not been touched by anyone yet. I can't find a way to logically say there's been no response to a ticket, or that the requester is the only one that has commented.  Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee Community Leader Apr 29, 2021

Actually...

Thanks to the built-in Jira Toolkit Plugin you can do this.

But first off, you have to add the fields (they don't have to be on any screens to work):Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.11.02 PM.png

(Thanks to @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ for providing this answer. I didn't see the field in my test instance and it was driving me crazy because I knew it was possible.)

Wow, I was just going to give you this:

"Number of comments" > 0

But it looks like they have exactly what you need: 

Last commented by a User Flag
Displays true if last commenter who is not a JIRA developer (member of 'jira-developers'). Comes with its own checkbox searcher

So then:

"number of comments" = 0 OR "Last commented by a User" = "false"

(I wonder if it is actually hard-coded to the jira-developers group, or if it means licensed Jira users vs Customers. Time to do a test.)

Drat. The field is hard-coded to the jira-developer group. What a bummer.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-62067

I suppose if you really wanted to, if the group isn't already used, you could create it and put all of your Service Agents into it, and then my JQL above would work as expected.

Darryl Lee Community Leader Apr 29, 2021

Ooof, just realized that "all tickets in my queue" does not mean you're using JSM.

So nevermind that bit about Service Agents.

I realize now that you're really (maybe) wanting issues where you are not the last commenter. So then, if you add a "Last commenter/updater" field (see above):

assignee = currentuser() AND ( "number of comments" = 0 OR "Last commenter/updater" != currentuser() )

0 votes
Prince Nyeche Community Leader Apr 29, 2021

JQL won't be able to filter a comment by the reporter especially when such reporter can't be specified. You will need to look into an add-on from Atlassian Marketplace that can do that.

Prince Nyeche Community Leader Apr 29, 2021

Another thing you could do, is create a report of each ticket which could let you know such information. I wrote this article here a while back that can generate such a report but you have to use API to achieve it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Why everyone using Jira must be GDPR-compliant

Did you know that penalties up to 4 % of the yearly company turnover are possible in case of GDPR violations? GDPR regulations are currently mainly relevant for companies in the EU, but countries lik...

64 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you