How to set full read-only access to Greenhopper?

I've managed to create a new user&group and except Browsing it has no other rights; however still this user is able to move an issue on the Greenhopper agile board from InProgress to ToDo. I even went through the Workflow and set for each step requirement that it has to be some other group (like Administrator or Developer) to do the transition; it didn't help.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I've once again tried to Edit and Publish the workflow - and now it works! Interesting... But I am thankful it works as expected. Thank you for help.

This widget could not be displayed.
Henning Tietgens Community Champion May 12, 2013

Maybe a stupid question, but did you publish the workflow?

Yes I did - it works for any other status perfectly, only "InProgres => ToDo" violates the rules. Even Permission Helper says that this shall be not possible however it is...

Henning Tietgens Community Champion May 13, 2013

So you have a condition on the transition from InProgress to ToDo? What's exactly your condition?

Henning Tietgens Community Champion May 13, 2013

That's strange. Is there maybe another global transition available?

Conditions: Only users in group jira-administrators can execute this transition. OR Only users in group jira-developers can execute this transition.

However I can still do it with user "watcher" in the group jira-watchers and jira-users

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,492 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you