How to set a field "Read Only" for specific project

Wafa SELLEMI December 1, 2022

Hello, 

I need to set the field "Reporter" Read Only

My screen is shared for many projects and I want to apply this modification only for specific projects 

Could you please help me to do that

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Tushar Gohel December 1, 2022

Hi Wafa,

You can remove the modify reporter permission and change it to a person with whom you want to edit that field.

That way you don't need to change the screen which is shared and still reporter filed will be read only.

Thanks,

Tushar

Wafa SELLEMI December 1, 2022

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply

Even the project permession schemes is shared with other projects.

I rather thought to add a post function  at the required transition. Is that possible. If yes how can I do it ?

Thanks

Tushar Gohel December 1, 2022

I am not sure if adding a post function will help you to make a field read-only.

If you're using script runner behavior then using that also you can make a field read-only for specific projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

A post-function can't make a field read-only.

You can only control the reporter field's access with the permission "modify reporter", and most other fields don't have that functionality.

With apps, you do have the option of trying Scriptrunner's behaviours, but on Cloud, I can't remember if it can be used with Reporter (yet)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events