How to send email notification for tagged user in comment

Alon Shoham June 1, 2022

I'm trying to create automation that sends an email to any user who's been tagged in a comment. I can't find a smart value to describe the tagged user.
I know Jira has an outgoing email option - but this is not useful because it sends an email for every action and it can't be modified to send only for comments.Does someone know how to create such automation?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Alon Shoham ,

each user can manage email notification for mention in personal settings. Please take a look to the following article.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Alon Shoham June 1, 2022

Hi Fabio,

You didn't attache the article :)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Sorry @Alon Shoham :)

Here the article  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-email-notifications/

By default an email will be sent with the comment to the mentioned user.

Fabio

Alon Shoham June 1, 2022

Thanks!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

you're welcome @Alon Shoham . If it solved your question please mark my answer as accepted

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events