How to see a non sub-task like a sub-task in a Scrum board?

Josué Cornejo April 4, 2021

Hi everybody,

I am new to JIRA administration. I want to configure specific types of issue that I created in boards, so that they appear like subtasks. And just by looking on the board, people can releaste what issues are pending to finish a US.

DSADSad.PNG

This is how my related tasks look like:

Captureadsadfsd.PNG

I think that there is a configuration that subtasks have, and I need to add it to other issue types that I want to see in a similar way. Like bugs, and other tasks and subtaks.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Josué Cornejo April 5, 2021

Yes, sure.

When I create a project based on a SCRUM template (predefined by JIRA). It allows me to create "Sub-tasks" for User Stories. It is really helpful because on boards you can easily see the pending subtaks of each User Story and helps to keep track with the team.

Captureafdasf.PNG

However, in my organization we have other "issue types" which are also related to "User Stories". 

ddsadsfsdafa.png

I want to be able to see graphically all the dependancies of User Stories:

ddsadsfsdafa3.PNG

Meaning, that if "Tarea1" is related to "EX-4" User Story, I want to see it upper not in the "Other incidencias" section. The same for "Ex-2.2", if it is realated to "EX-1". I want to see it on the "EX-1" section, not in "Other incidencias".

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2021

Hi @Josué Cornejo ,

Can you please elaborate a little bit more? If what you want is to create issue types that are of the sub-task type, you can do that when creating a new issue type and checking the 'sub-task issue type' option.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 11.24.24 PM.png

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Josué Cornejo ,

I'm not aware of a way to do this in Jira natively, but I wonder if 'Advanced roadmaps' may help. More information can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/advanced-roadmaps-home-998650885.html

If advanced roadmaps is "too much" I'd suggest to search the Atlassian marketplace using the key words 'dependency management' e.g.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=dependency+management

Hope it helps,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events