Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to restrict users from creating task in a team managed project.

Sindhu I'm New Here May 26, 2022

I want to prevent users from creating task on the team managed project. i created permission scheme, but not able to add the project to the scheme

1 answer

Hi @Sindhu ,

Welcome to the community.

Please refer below documentation for the team managed projects permissions.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/next-gen-permissions/

Users in viewer roles ,can only view tickets they can't create tickets.

Sindhu I'm New Here May 26, 2022

thanks for the reply, i just added myself as user role but i am still able to create task

Hi @Sindhu ,

Have you checked the project access level and have you make sure you are part only viewer role, not part of any other roles?

• Open: When a project is open, anyone on your Jira site can view, create and edit issues in your project. With this access level, Jira gives anyone who logs into your Jira site the Member role in your project.

• Limited: When a project is limited, anyone on your Jira site can view and comment on issues in your project. But, they can't edit them or create new ones. With this access level, Jira gives anyone who logs into your Jira site the Viewer role in your project.

• Private: When a project is private, only Jira admins and people you add to the project can see it in their project directory or its issues in search results.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,955 views 38 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you