How to restore a cloud backup

丁慧 朱 March 24, 2021

According to this..

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automate-backups-for-jira-cloud-779160659.html

I got a Jira backup file which named JIRA-backup-25-03-2021.zip

The question is how to restore the backup file to JIRA?

Thanks.

1 answer

2 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

The "Import and Export" menu (where the backup manager is located), has the "Restore system" heading.  This allows you to restore such a backup.

Be careful, as restoring a backup will overwrite all data in your current Jira Cloud instance.

Marco Eckstein August 11, 2022

It's missing in my case:

screenshot.png

FYI, I am site-admin:

screenshot 2.png

Nijas Rawther November 15, 2022

Did you get any solution for this problem ?

Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

Hi @Nijas Rawther @丁慧 朱 ,

If you are looking for an answer on how to restore your Cloud Backup, you can read more here.

Alternatively if you are looking for an automatic backup solution that runs every 24 hrs and also supports on-demand backups with granular restore of Jira objects be it issues or just attachments, workflows etc.. Please have a look through our marketplace page - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228694/revyz-backup-restore?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Thank you

Vish

Like Marco Eckstein likes this
Marco Eckstein November 30, 2022

@Thanks, @Vish Reddy _Revyz_. So the simple solution to this problem apparently is that these days, the menu item for restoration is called Import Jira Cloud, not Restore system.

Like Ben Robbins likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events