How to remove "None" from custom field

Janli Gwo March 18, 2020

I am seeing "None" as an option in a custom multiple choice drop down field I created, and I would like the space to be blank instead.

I have set a default value and made the field required in the field configuration. However, I'm still seeing "None" as an option. I went as far as creating an option for the dropdown with just "   " because I want the dropdown to be blank but "None" is still there.

I am using Jira Cloud software. Any work arounds? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2020

Hello! The only way I know is to make the field mandatory in the field configuration for your project. 

Be careful because if you do not have a specific field configuration for this project, but instead you are using the shared global field configuration, then you will make the field mandatory for all projects (including even those which do not even use this field!).

Alternatively if the project is using global field configuration and you do not want to create or use a new one just for this project, then you still make the field mandatory in the global configuration but map its context just to the target project and issue type (for this you have to go in the configuration of the custom field). 

Janli Gwo March 19, 2020

Hi, I'm using a specific field configuration for this project. Is making the field "mandatory" the same as making it "required"? Because I have already made it "required".

Thank you for your help.

mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2020

Yes absolutely, "required" is the correct word :) 

Karl Samson September 7, 2022

This works in the Server version, but NOT for Data Center!? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events