How to remove due date once set?

Kako Kvantaliani October 14, 2019

I created an issue, added due date. But once I am trying to remove it no chance. How to do it? How to empty 'due date' field?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2019

I was able to revert to none In the new view, at least on my iPad. I suspect you can to it on desktop browser too and will try in a bit.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2019

Ok so I was able to change the date back to "none" in the new view. it isn't intuitive but it works (for now).

1. click in Due date and set the date and hit return ==> date set
  2. click in the date field and hit "delete" key and hit return or click outside of field

the confusing part is that the date still shows until you hit return. I would expect that the date would change to "none" or blank when still in the edit mode.

Like # people like this
Kako Kvantaliani October 15, 2019

@Jack Brickey ,

Hitting Del and then Unfocusing does not work.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2019

I don't think I can assist further. I did check another instance (quick test) and did see that I could not clear it on that instance which tells me that one some versions you can and some you cannot. I would recommend contacting Atlassian Support for a response.

Deleted user May 30, 2020

hit delete, enter

Like Kako Kvantaliani likes this
RAHUL INGLE September 14, 2022

@Jack Brickey Not work for me. am using server 8.20.6 version.

Can you please help.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2022

Hi @Kako Kvantaliani , are you on cloud or server? The post is tagged as cloud but the fact you mentioned 8.20.6 seems to indicate Server. I only have access to Cloud so can't instruct definitively. What might be interesting to try is to use bulk edit to clear the field. If you don't know how to do this then simply go to the advanced issue search page and enter a JQL that will result in your issue being displayed. For example issue = ABC – 123. Then select the ellipses and Bulk edit and follow the screens.

0 votes
Madhavi Pasapula November 15, 2022

I had same issue but under Configure for fields, I made the dates non-mandatory and deleting worked.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2019

Hello @Kako Kvantaliani ,

Switch to the old view mode, delete the due date field information when editing Issue, then save it.

TIM截图20191014175422.png

Good workaround. Thanks!

Look what I found out while trying to turn it off:

'Note: The new issue view is on for all business boards and next-gen projects, so this won't affect them.'

I use business board and am unable to switch to old view.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2019

Hi @Kako Kvantaliani ,

I tried a business project and was able to switch to the old view mode.

You can try to add 'oldIssueView=true' after issue Key, can you switch to the old view mode directly?

E.g: https://xxxx.atlassian.net/browse/CM-1?oldIssueView=true

Kako Kvantaliani October 15, 2019

@Ollie Guan ,

I noticed that we are talking about different views. I try to change the date from Board View and in this case the issue is opened as a window on top of the board. 

However, when I open an issue by clicking on its number on top-left corner, then the date field is editable.

Suggest an answer