How to remove apps and unwanted fields

Rocsana Chereches January 24, 2022

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me understand how to remove certain apps my team and I are not using from a project. 

I checked field configuration and custom fields and the fields do not appear there, but when I open my ticket are still there. This is super confusing for my team as those fields are irrelevant to them. 

Same argument for the apps. Do you know if I need to create a tailored configuration for my apps + my fields to apply to my project ? if ye,s do you know how I can do this?

Thanks

Rocsana

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Hey @Rocsana Chereches As per your query , U can navigate to Project setting in that Issue layout tab can hide the fields which you don't want .and you configure according to yourself .

hidden fields.png

thanks !!

Rishav kumar gupta

Hey Rishav,

Thanks for your comment.

This is strange, I see this is a software project you are showing me this view in, however my project, although a software project, has a different layout when I access 'issue layout' issue layout.PNG

RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Rocsana Chereches  you have to click on the Edit Issue layout then you can see the same thing  what  I have shared .

Thanks !!

Thanks so much, that worked!

RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2022

Always welcome @Rocsana Chereches !!

1 vote

Some examples of apps (my reminders, async poker, optimizely, who's looking)/fields (story points, original estimate, time tracking) I want to remove.

Fields & apps.PNGapps.PNG

0 votes
Alexios Megalos November 29, 2022

Some app fields like the ones mentioned by Rocsana Chereches cannot be removed. Is there a way to do it?

Sten Kivi March 16, 2023

I am facing same issue. Found a ticket regarding that where you can leave your vote. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75009

Sten Kivi March 16, 2023

Hi @Alexios Megalos @Rocsana Chereches 

I also found one way to remove them from "Details" view is to go to "Manage your apps" and disable that application from that Project.

Not the best solution as it can also disable that application functionality.

Suggest an answer