How to read HAR file

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2022

Hello Expertize,

Multiple times, we are asked to provide the HAR file for debugging the issue. Could anyone guide me, on how to ready that file for issue debugging?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Hi @AG

I‘d recommend to use an offline HAR viewer, e.g. this one.

Why offline? Your HAR file may contain sensitive data, eg for authentication.

Does this already help or do you need more information?

Cheers,
Matthias

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2022

Thanks For your Response @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_  My query is how to figure out by looking at HRA file. What cause the error? Why is the error? I mean how to come to conclusion that what is root cause of the error appearing on the browser?

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

I see.

That‘s hard to explain in a general way since thr problem depends on your use case.

The HAR file contains all requests made by your browser (tab) in the time frame of your recording. I‘d usually start looking at the requests which failed with HTTP status codes that represent errors like 4xx or 5xx, eg 400.

Afterwards, it might make sense to look at their payload. A HTTP 400 for example states that sth seems to be wrong with the request data. Examining it might reveal what exactly was the problem.

Other than that, you need to know the system you’re analyzing on a technical level, so that you can make a meaningful interpretation of it.

Like AG likes this
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events