How to prompt the user to enter a comment in agile workflow transitions

Using 6.2.7 I am unable to prompt the user to select the resolution and/or enter a comment when resolving an issue.

having to edit the issue as a separate optional step is lame and many users will forget doing it.

the workaround (1) suggested in this post does not work for 6.2.7:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Unable+to+set+issues+to+Resolved+using+Greenhopper+Simplified+Workflow

1 answer

1 accepted

You need to make Resolution and Comment (there will be no or) required using a validator in that transition. You can achieve this by using https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities (or other plugins)

Add a screen in that Resolve transiton with the Resolution Field (Comment will be added automatically).

Thanks Udo,

I edited the workflow for my project (as a draft, then published it)

for the "Resolved" transition I added a validator: Required fields: Comment, Resolution

configured a new Agile Resolve Issue screen for my project's screen scheme but when I try to associate an Operation with the screen my only options are Create, Edit and View

:(

Hi Naor,

You need to make a draft of your workflow again, select the Resolved transition and edit it. There you have an option to associate a screen to this transition. Then publish your draft workflow again.

This worked. Thanks again.

Jira is great but could use a better UX especially for administration.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,013 views 7 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you