How to obtain a Released Releases Report from Jira Software Cloud?

Aline Chapman April 8, 2021

We use Jira Software Cloud and several projects. For each we use the Releases tab as it is intended to, we enter version name, start date, release date, description. Then we track work against those product releases, all good.

Often times I need to look back at past/released releases and be able to provide information on those in a form of a report.
When it comes to data it is all good because I can query the data or go to the release report, all good.

But when it comes to as an example, providing a full list of released releases in Q1 across X multiple Jira Projects, I can't easily get those.

The information I would need to obtain is what was entered in each Releases tab itself, so a report would be a list of all releases with their version name, start date, release date, description.

Is there a way to obtain a report with this information from multiple projects?

Any ideas on how to get to this? 

Thanks a lot for any help on this!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Hi @Aline Chapman

from my understanding so far extended reporting facilities are available with "Advanced Roadmaps" (please also compare with the documentation).
Advanced Roadmaps are, however, part of the Jira Cloud Plans - Premium and above.

The exact formatting you suggested would be probably not possible to display - you would need to adjust the results still, in case the offered way data is displayed is not sufficient/desired.

There also might be Apps available from Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com) - doing a search for "releases" within Marketplace I found several Apps that look promising in regards to a reporting but I cannot recommend a specific one.

You could check them and verify with vendors if the requirement is met by one of their Apps.

With out of box functionality of Jira it would be most likely not possible to extract the information in a way you intend it - the basics of what Jira is able to offer, however, were already explained well by Vero.

Regards,
Daniel

Aline Chapman April 20, 2021

Thank you very much for the direction on this item.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Hi @Aline Chapman,

It's worth being aware that the report that @Daniel Ebers has mentioned is part of the old "Live Plans" interface for Advanced Roadmaps that has now been deprecated and will no longer be available after July 31st.

We do want to introduce some of the reporting capabilities back into the new interface in the future but at the moment have no concrete plans so I'm unable to give you an expectation of it or when it will be available. 

Regards,

Dave 

Like Amanda Culver likes this
3 votes
Diana Frank July 24, 2023

I have the same requirement for high level release summaries over the last quarter, year, etc. (exactly as Aline shows in her spreadsheet). This is so basic!  I have spent so much time trying to get this out of Jira.  I have seen so many comments from others online that need the same thing.  Why do we have to jump through hoops and pay for other software to pull this information out of Jira?  Why is this not a Jira report?  I would think that any software dev team would need the same report.  Please add this as a report.  Thank you!

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Aline Chapman 

If I understood you correctly, you want to see everything that has been deployed in each release, as you can see in the image of the post, you can access the release option and in the link that says "Release notes", you will see a report that offers you JIRA with all the issues of the specific release that you are reviewing

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/check-the-progress-of-a-version/

Cheers

Aline Chapman April 8, 2021

Thank you for the quick answer Vero, but that is not it.

Here's a mock up of what I would like to see in a JQL result, as an example, I'm looking to get the releases information as we enter them in the releases tab.

Any ideas?

Snag_33167851.png

Like # people like this
Chris Green May 10, 2022

@Aline Chapman - did you find a solution for this? 

Aline Chapman May 10, 2022

Not within Jira. We just started using the Power BI Jira Connector plugin and from there we can access this type of information. 

Chris Green May 10, 2022

Power BI was going to be my next step. I'm wanting to create some reports that show release frequency, as well as velocity of each release.

Like Aline Chapman likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events