How to move a project from Jira Software server v.6.4 to another Jira Software server v.8.0 instance

uvo3 main public name April 16, 2023

I'm seeking for a way to migrate a project from Jira Server v.6.4 to a Jira Server v8.0 instance.
I'm thinking about first upgrading the server instance to v.7.0 and then upgrading the instance to v.8.0.
Is there another technique that is based on best practices?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2023

hi @uvo3 main public name 

Welcome to the community.

1. If you are intending to upgrade your server version, please check the below thread by @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- answering to the same scenario. it's also recommended to choose the LTS (Long Term Support) version when going to 8.x

Upgrading and Moving JIRA to from 6.4.2 to 8.1.0

2. I would also recommend checking the features, supported platform and Tech. upgrade notes before upgrading to a specific JIRA version. Upgrade Matrix

3. Pro-active Tips
  • If you are using Mysql, you many need to consider upgrade to Mysql 8 as since JIRA 9.1 Mysql v5.7 support is ended and removed.
  • Check also the EOL Policy for your target version EOL Policy
  • Think about the future of your instance after the end of JIRA server support to prepare a suitable evolution roadmap accordingly.

Good Luck and let us know how it went for you.

Cheers,

Karim

Suggest an answer