How to manage a project on board X which involves working with other teams TeamY,TeamZ,etc.

AJ
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 21, 2021

Hi All,

We have a new project which we are planning to use Scrum board. One team has the project and they are tasked to work 50% and remaining 50% tasks will be performed by 3-4 teams across the Program.

In this case where must the tasks(JIRA tickets) be created ? on individual boards or Master board ? I am asking this from the angle like which is the better way to manage the project which runs for 3-4 months.

Thanks in advance!!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

@AJ Welcome to the Atlassian Community

Issues are created within a project or project(s).  You can then use boards to organize, monitor, control and execute the work.  Boards can bring issues from one or many projects together and help you, your teams and managers keep track of what is going on.  I would suggest taking a look at Atlassian's Agile Coach. This can help you determine the best practices and approach for the type of project you are working on.  I recently completed a year long project where we had six different projects with thousands of issues (Epics, stories, tasks, sub-tasks, etc.) that were broken up by specific areas of focus.  We brought these issues together on multiple boards and my team managed them. We had specific processes we implemented to ensure a successful project.  A lot of it will be using best practices and making adjustments to best fit your teams needs.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events