How to make readonly custom field dropdown value based on some other field value?

Vish Mande April 10, 2023

I have two dropdown custom fields and want to make rules based on some conditions.  Let's say....

CF_Country:

Value1: C1 

Value2: C2

Value3: C3

Value4: C4

CF_Regions 

Value1: R1 

Value2: R2

Value3: R3

Value4: R4

Value5: R5

Now if I select CF_Country value, say Value2: C2 then I want only a few values in CF_Regions selectable and not all.

Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Gideon Nolte [Jodocus]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Vish Mande

have you looked into Cascading Select customfields?

Here's a demo setup:

image.png

The issue screen would then look like this:

image.png 

When selecting a region, the first selection is between Europe and Asia, and the second selection can be made from the options provided based on the first selection.

Hope this helps.

Greetings

Gideon

Vish Mande April 11, 2023

HI @Gideon Nolte [Jodocus] 

Yes, I have checked this field type. But this field won't support multi-select. Hence this can't serve my requirement. I see Jira Service Management provides a field type called "Asset management" We can achieve such a requirement with the "Asset Management" type of field. Somehow this field is not in Jira Software.

I am looking for something we can make read-only values from the MutiSelct list. what way we can achieve this requirement. 

I appreciate your response and participation here

Regards,

Vish

Gideon Nolte [Jodocus]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

Asset management might be a solution here. At least for the conditional part + the multi-select. But: Assets is not included in the free version of Jira Service Management. 
Greetings
Gideon

Vish Mande April 12, 2023

Yes, At least am looking for a similar field in Jira Software Enterprise version

Gideon Nolte [Jodocus]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2023

Afaik, Jira Software has no access to Assets regardless of the plan.

Suggest an answer