Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to make Linked issue field requied?

Hi guys! I need to make a linked issue field to be required filed with fixed link type. Can anyone help with that?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader May 01, 2020

Hi @Евгений Фарсалов  - You can modify the Field Configuration for that project to make the Linked Issue field required.

Then you would need to add a validator in your workflow to set the value of the Linked Issues field to the desired type. 

The first problem is that I'm not sure if I make it required will it become required in all types of issues? I need it required only in subtask but it also exists in other types. 

John Funk Community Leader May 01, 2020

You can attach it to only one Issue type. 

So, you would have a Field Configuration Scheme with multiple Field Configurations - one for Sub-task and one for everything else. 

Thanks! It worked just like you said!

John Funk Community Leader May 04, 2020

Great - glad I could help!

Hi John,

After making Linked issues as required in Filed configuration, I am not able to see Linked issues in Validators.

And I can see a Start mark above Linked issues filed while creating the ticket, But ticket is getting created whit out giving any issue also.

Please help to resolve this.

Regards

Viswa Mohan Reddy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

530 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you