How to make Linked issue field requied?

Hi guys! I need to make a linked issue field to be required filed with fixed link type. Can anyone help with that?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2020

Hi @Евгений Фарсалов  - You can modify the Field Configuration for that project to make the Linked Issue field required.

Then you would need to add a validator in your workflow to set the value of the Linked Issues field to the desired type. 

The first problem is that I'm not sure if I make it required will it become required in all types of issues? I need it required only in subtask but it also exists in other types. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2020

You can attach it to only one Issue type. 

So, you would have a Field Configuration Scheme with multiple Field Configurations - one for Sub-task and one for everything else. 

Thanks! It worked just like you said!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2020

Great - glad I could help!

viswa.reddy December 16, 2021

Hi John,

After making Linked issues as required in Filed configuration, I am not able to see Linked issues in Validators.

And I can see a Start mark above Linked issues filed while creating the ticket, But ticket is getting created whit out giving any issue also.

Please help to resolve this.

Regards

Viswa Mohan Reddy

Maximilian Floß August 5, 2022

Hi @viswa.reddy 

Do you have a solution for your problem? 

Your described case still occurs. 

Suggest an answer