How to link an existing epic to BigPicture Program?

Steve Yu February 9, 2021

When I create a new program and add tasks, there are 2 selections, a Jira Issue and a Basic Task.

If I click Jira issue, I can select and Epic and then when the Epic is created, it will show up in the program and any Storys made against it will also be the child.

Is there any way to do with already existing Epics? If not, is there a recommended workaround?

Would love some thoughts there.

1 answer

1 vote
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

I believe the docs answer this here: https://wiki.softwareplant.com/doc/all/box-modules/box-configuration/tasks/scope-definition

A defined collection of tasks makes up the Box Scope. In general, tasks can be added to the scope manually or get automatically synchronized with Jira or connected tools such as Trello.

In Scope definition you can specify what range of tasks is included in the scope of a given Box (or a sub-Box) - those are the tasks you will be able to work with in the Application (visualise them on a Gantt chart, manage Risks, distribute workload etc). The App gives you a lot of flexibility; you can include multiple Jira projects, simultaneously include tasks from different external tools (such as both Trello and Jira) or include only some tasks that meet your particular specifications. Flexibility of the setup ensures you that a Box can be configured to contain exactly the tasks you need to fit your work.

Suggest an answer