How to install calendar macro

Anurag Sharma April 10, 2021

Hello,

I can't see Calendar macro in JIRA. can you please help me to understand how i can install Calendar macro step by step

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2021

Hi @Anurag Sharma,

Welcome to the community. You got me a bit confused with your question, as there is no such thing as macros in Jira. Those are a feature of Confluence.

Nevertheless, I'll try to provide you with pointers for both scenarios. If you would like to add a calendar to Jira, that would most likely be an issues calendar gadget on a dashboard. On any dashboard, click Add gadget and then search for the Jira issues calendar gadget:

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 21.57.47.pngFill out the main settings (the project that holds your data and the date custom field you want to use to display issues from) and save. Your calendar gadget should look like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 21.59.58.png

In Confluence, the same Jira issues calendar gadget is available and can be inserted most easily by typing "/" (this opens the macro browser) and then typing "Jira issues calendar". After selecting the macro, configuration is identical as in Jira.

If you have a Confluence Premium subscription, you can use Team Calendars. They are a much more feature-rich calendar tool. Learn more about those over here or in the documentation 

Anurag Sharma April 10, 2021

Many thanks for response its helpful

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Great to hear. If the answer was indeed helpful, could you also mark it as accepted? That makes it easier to find for people having similar questions!

Suggest an answer