How to get the current item index using Smart Values

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

I would like to get the current index for a list of items using smart values 

According to the documentation i can get the first/last and iterate over all items , but i don't find a way to get the current index 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-lists/

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Hi @Mohamed Adel , you can access index and you can find it in the documentation you shared. Screenshot attached :)

Selection_397.png

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2021

Thanks @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  for your reply , I got the solution at this time but forget to close it :D 

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Ok :D if you think this topic and my answer can help someone else, it would be kind of you if you accept the answer...at least it will be marked as solved :D

Eric Bergeron May 27, 2022

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ , 
Would it be possible to get an example how to use the {{#list}}{{index}}{{/}} ? How would you use it, say for a custom field?

I'm trying to extract the value of the currently selected item of the list (and then convert it to a numerical form). 

Like 石川諒 likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events