How to get notifications for changes (additions especially) to a dashboard?

Ashish December 2, 2020

How can I add myself (or anyone else) as a Watcher (like we can for a Jira issue) to a Dashboard so that I get notified by email of any changes to the dashboard's list of Jiras — like, any additions or removal of Jiras from the dashboard?

I searched your docs and the forum but couldn't find ANYTHING relevant or useful at all. People have been asking this and similar questions but there seem to be no clear answers/solutions.

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Behind almost every gadget on a Jira dashboard (a list of Jira issues), there is a saved filter that fetches and displays the issue.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 12.26.25.png

When you click on the total count of issues in the gadget, Jira takes you to that saved filter in the issue navigator.

Click on the Details button next to the filter name and Subscribe to it. It allows you to receive a periodic digest of the filter results.

Also see Atlassian documentation - browse to Subscribe to search results

Ashish December 2, 2020

Thank you Walter! I created a subscription and will see if this helps. Will let you know for any further help. :) 

Like John Funk likes this
Ashish January 21, 2021

This subscription didn't help. It sends email of ALL Jiras in the dashboard, not just the newly-added Jiras, which is what I needed. Please let me know if that's possible in some way.

vasudha.gupta December 20, 2021

@Ashish  were you able to get solution ? I am also looking something similar.

Ashish January 17, 2022

hey @vasudha.gupta - not yet unfortunately. I've lowered my expectations of Jira actually being helpful :D 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events