!!! How to get list of tickets that i commented on but not all that i am mentioned in???

Sabarish Kavala June 19, 2021

I need to extract list of tickets that i have commented on in between 2 dates..
I do not need the list of tickets where others have mentioned me.

2 answers

1 vote
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2021
0 votes
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2021

Hi,
Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it but the results can be quickly found using our professional indexing service JQL Search Extensions.

commentedByUser=currentUser()

You can then narrow down the results with the commentedOnDate JQL alias. You can find out more in our docs.

I hope this helps!
Daniel

Sabarish Kavala June 24, 2021

Is it not possible without using any of these add-ins

Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 24, 2021

Not really. 

comment ~ currentUser() returns issues commented by you but also issues that only mention you in the comments

You may want to live with it. If it's a strong requirement and you want to perform this search regularly then consider our app JQL Search Extensions.

Like # people like this
mikutech October 19, 2023

Upon testing this on Jira server, this is not correct. comment ~ currentUser() only returns issues that only mentions you in the comments. I'm trying to find both, which doesn't seem to exist without an extension.

Suggest an answer