• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL query for comments for particular user

Hi,

we want list comments added by particular user in a project/Issue ,is it possible to get by JQL ?

8 answers

2 accepted

16 votes
Answer accepted

A cool workaround I found for pulling relatively smaller lists of tickets that a user updated (such as commented on):

Add an Activity Stream gadget to a dashboard - and then click Edit in upper right.  Add a Global Filter:

"Username" "is" "(username)"

Viola!

Worked beautifully for me, thanks!

I wish I could give you +10!

This worked amazingly well for some quick clean up I needed to do.

Thanks ! It works like a charm. Is there any way to export the result ?

Regards,

This isnt working, and hasnt for a bit - Anyone heard any news on this being broken?

Nice trick. Thanks. 

7 votes
Answer accepted

You can try script runner and use the jql issueFunction in commented ("by username")

Can't point you to the docs at the moment because the site is being moved.

Hey Jamie. Saw that movement. Need a hand to get some editing/formatting of the pages? (saw some invalid macros)

May be you can set the default confluence theme for documentation as well.

JamieA, thx a lot. Exactly what I'm looking for, not like a workaround approaches above ;-) 

I installed the following free add-on: "Script Runner"

Then, you can use the following query

issueFunction in commented("by username")

as described in the documentation: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-commented(commentquery)

ScriptRunner is no longer free :sad:

Like # people like this

You can use the JQL Tricks plugin . Use the issue function commentedByUser([User]) to find the list of comment added by particular user

JQL Tricks plugin is paid, do we have any altrenatives ?

Like Mark Hostetler likes this

As a workaround, you can use a dashboard:

1 open Dashboard
2 Add Gadget Activitiy Stream
3 Add a global filter: Project is XY
4 Add a global filter: User is (username)
5 Below the Global Filter, klick JIRA - Add Filter:  Activity is Comment
6 Set "limit to 99 items"

You now have the comments as an activity stream.

Help its broken - please fix Atlassian 

Even better,  this JQL works for me. you can reduce it to only the parameters that interest you.

(summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser()) and updatedDate >= -7d

I am unable to return the ticket Comments field with this or any other query. Like the original request, that is what I need: a list of comments.  Is there something I am not seeing that allows me to select that field in the results?

This might help someone find all issues with comments across multiple users, though you have to go to each detail to see them.

Use this JQL advanced filter for the All Issues list:  comment !~ "junktext"

This returned all the issues that have comments because they do not contain "junktext".

Hola, existe alguna forma de auto asignar una incidencia a un usuario determinado de forma automatica? He realizado un filtro donde me muestra solo las subtareas hijas que ya estan en estado franqueadas, pero necesito que se asignen a un usuario en concreto de forma automática conforme esas subtareas vayan apareciendo. Es posible?

basicamente lo necesito para no tener que estar entrando en el filtro y tener que asignarlas yo manualmente a un usuario para que las gestione.

comment~rahul.ingle AND project = test

You can use JIRA Comment Toolbox plugin.

You can find the list of the issues which is commented by current user , selected user, group member and role member and you can limit this search with comment date or last comment.

If you need any custom JQL for comments you can also contact with us, mailto:info@kostebekteknoloji.com.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you