JQL query for comments for particular user

Hi,

we want list comments added by particular user in a project/Issue ,is it possible to get by JQL ?

7 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You can try script runner and use the jql issueFunction in commented ("by username")

Can't point you to the docs at the moment because the site is being moved.

Hey Jamie. Saw that movement. Need a hand to get some editing/formatting of the pages? (saw some invalid macros)

May be you can set the default confluence theme for documentation as well.

A cool workaround I found for pulling relatively smaller lists of tickets that a user updated (such as commented on):

Add an Activity Stream gadget to a dashboard - and then click Edit in upper right.  Add a Global Filter:

"Username" "is" "(username)"

Viola!

Worked beautifully for me, thanks!

I wish I could give you +10!

This worked amazingly well for some quick clean up I needed to do.

Thanks ! It works like a charm. Is there any way to export the result ?

Regards,

This isnt working, and hasnt for a bit - Anyone heard any news on this being broken?

I installed the following free add-on: "Script Runner"

Then, you can use the following query

issueFunction in commented("by username")

as described in the documentation: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-commented(commentquery)

ScriptRunner is no longer free sad

You can use the JQL Tricks plugin . Use the issue function commentedByUser([User]) to find the list of comment added by particular user

JQL Tricks plugin is paid, do we have any altrenatives ?

As a workaround, you can use a dashboard:

1 open Dashboard
2 Add Gadget Activitiy Stream
3 Add a global filter: Project is XY
4 Add a global filter: User is (username)
5 Below the Global Filter, klick JIRA - Add Filter:  Activity is Comment
6 Set "limit to 99 items"

You now have the comments as an activity stream.

Help its broken - please fix Atlassian 

You can use JIRA Comment Toolbox plugin.

You can find the list of the issues which is commented by current user , selected user, group member and role member and you can limit this search with comment date or last comment.

If you need any custom JQL for comments you can also contact with us, mailto:info@kostebekteknoloji.com.

Even better,  this JQL works for me. you can reduce it to only the parameters that interest you.

(summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser()) and updatedDate >= -7d

I am unable to return the ticket Comments field with this or any other query. Like the original request, that is what I need: a list of comments.  Is there something I am not seeing that allows me to select that field in the results?

This might help someone find all issues with comments across multiple users, though you have to go to each detail to see them.

Use this JQL advanced filter for the All Issues list:  comment !~ "junktext"

This returned all the issues that have comments because they do not contain "junktext".

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

97 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you