How to get confluence link within smart value

volkova.y December 3, 2020

Hello. I'm interested in how to get a confluence link (URL) from the task within smart values. In the conditions that the page is linked to the task.

{{issue.?.url}}

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @volkova.y  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Would you please clarify what you are trying to accomplish?

Jira tasks (and other issues) are in a backlog, and may be displayed on zero or more Confluence pages, often with a project or filter reference.  The Jira issues themselves are not part of the Confluence page, so there is no specific field or smart value for that.

Best regards,

Bill

volkova.y December 3, 2020

Hello @Bill Sheboyand thank you for your response. I'm trying to make a Slack-reminder within Automation about Story review, and I want to get a link from this task so a person can immediately go to the description in Confluence. 

The flow looks like this:

When Story is transitioned to review then send a message in Slack with key+summary of the task, and URL of Confluence page which is linked to the task.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

Hi @volkova.y  and thank you for clarifying.

Do you have the Confluence page stored as a custom field in the issue?  If so, you may use that custom field as the smart value in your Slacke message.

Also, here are some examples in the automation template library for sending messages to Slack:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/slack-ms-teams

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events