How to get a License Key and server Id

Hi

I bought a JIRA software for my company from my Laptop. I need to provide Licencekey to my company support team to install JIRA software on our company server.

If I goto License screen, It is asking serverid. Since JIRA is not installed, how can I generate that ID (note: JIRA will be installed only by my support team). 

If I click download software(server), it is downloading in my laptop. But I want it downloaded by support team and install it on company server(not in my laptop)

So in this situation, how can proceed further?

Thank you

regards

Kumar Chinnasamy

1 answer

0 vote

You will get the server ID when you install the software. You can be on point during the installation, get the server id from the support team, generate the license using it and give it to them before they can proceed.

Or, you can start a local installation, get your local server id to generate the license. The same license can be used during the production installation as long as you intend to run only one of them as production server.

Thank you Jobin for your quick response.

If I local install to get serverid, will it count as 1 user and reduce from total user count?

I like the 2nd option, but want to make sure that we are not loosing one user account.

No, the user won't be counted against it. To be clear, the license is not tied to server ID, it is tied to the SEN. And the users are counted only on the instance where the license is installed.

Having said that, using the same license across multiple production instances are against the terms in EULA.

Thank you Jobin. I understood.

We are not going to install it on multiple production instances. I just want to clear about creating Serverid.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

44 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot