How to enable Story points estimation in my board?

Natalie July 4, 2021

I am using a classic project (not next gen.). 

I added the "story points" field into my screens but I don't have the option to estimate using them. (story points is not part of the drop down)

How can I change it? 

thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 14.15.59.png

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Hi @Natalie

could you please confirm on the type of custom field used to "Story Points"?

grafik.png

Because only fields of type "number" work for "Estimation statistic" sometimes in the past it happened that user deleted the "original" Story Point field, created a new one but were then not able to use it with "Estimation statistic".

By going to the custom field overview you can see of which type the custom field is.

Please follow the guide here if you should not know how to open custom field overview page:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-a-custom-field/

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2021

What does the drop down show? Also review the provided link in your image - Read more about estimation and tracking. 

Natalie July 4, 2021

Hi Jack,

They show:

- tickets count

- original time estimate

- issue count

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

And this is a software project right?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events