How to enable Roadmap beta feature on existing project

Alex YAKIMOV October 1, 2018

Hi,

ive recently noticed that one of my colleagues created a project which came with a Roadmap Beta feature included. My self and the admin had looked everywhere but couldn’t find a way to enable it on my existing projects. I do not wish to create a new project for the purpose of utilising this feature as many others are missing.

thanks in advance

Alex

2 answers

7 votes
Drew Heasman January 15, 2019

Please vote to add the missing Roadmap feature to classic projects here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17214

3 votes
Alex YAKIMOV October 1, 2018

Hmm, after some further digging, it appears that the feature is only available on next-gen projects Link. Any plans to enable it on standard projects?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2018

that is correct. You need to create a new "Agility" project and you will then see it. You could consider creating an agility project and moving all issues to Agility but I would place a lot of consideration on this before proceeding. With Agility you get further simplification which may and likely will result in loss of features you are using today. 

Like Marina Sazonova likes this
Alex YAKIMOV October 2, 2018

Thanks Jack, I’ve been down this road before (by accident) where by I found myself with a load of tickets in a project that was not fit for purpose. I think simplifying the solution works for new users and projects, who are none the wiser about the full extent ofJira features, isn’t a bad idea. But Stripping back features of existing users or limiting access to new features is where I think this is failing the loyal users. I seem to be part of a much wider group who share the same frustrations.

Anyway, this is no way directed at you, just the situation I’m in, so the real question is how soon can I expect these features making their way into standard Software projects and is it possible for me to follow the a ticket on this if it’s already been raised?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2018

@Alex YAKIMOV, first just so it is clear, I do not work for Atlassian. I'm a user just like you so I couldn't say when or if the roadmap feature would be added to other templates. My guess is that they would not be offered on that template given the nature of how it works but that is simply a guess.

With that said, you are not required to use the new beta template at all. You can create any type of template available simply by clicking "change" on the template when creating one. It appears to default to the last template used.

Suggest an answer