How to edit the Sprint Health Gadget such that "In-Progress" reflects additional ticket status?

Mary Padilla September 2, 2020

When I view the Sprint Health.  The color coded bar shows "Todo", "In-Progress", and "Done".  The JQL pulls the blocked and in-progress status as part of the "In-Progress" total points however, I would like to include the points for "ready for deployment" status.  This is a workflow step prior to "done" resolution. 

Alternatively, I could also just show point counts for every status (not lumped together) on the color bar.  Which ever is easier to paint the complete sprint picture.  If someone can outline steps/edits for this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2020

Hello @Mary Padilla

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand that you have an extra status in your Sprint called "Blocked" and the Story points in that status is added with the same color that the "In Progress" status in your Sprint Health Gadget. Is that correct?

In fact, the colors in the Sprint Health Gadget do not represent the issue statuses, but yes the Issue Status categories:

1. Blue (To Do) - Consider the status in the first column of the board
  2. Yellow (In Progress) - Consider all the status in the columns between the first and the last column of the board
  3. Green (Done) - Consider the status in the last column of the board

That being said, we understand the option to switch the Sprint health gadget to be based on the issue status itself would be a good feature in some cases, so we created the following suggestion to be considered by our PMs:

Configure the Sprint Health Gadget colors based on the issue status 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, you can use a report from a third-party app to display the sum of Story points of your issues separated by statuses. Here are some options:

sumUp for Jira 

Time Reports 

Feel free to check any other options in our Atlassian Marketplace.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Mary Padilla September 4, 2020

Yes, I noticed that certain status liked blocked are reflected in my "in Progress" on the bar.  Which is fine, I'm looking to also add the ready for deployment status to the "in progress" on the bar as well.  What controls this?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2020

Hello @Mary Padilla

Thank you for the explanation. Can you please confirm if you are using a Next-gen or Classic project?

Supposing you are using a Classic project, you must map the status "ready for deployment" to any column between the first and the last column of your board, also keeping it with no resolution set (Unresolved). Doing that, the status will be included in the "In progress" (yellow color) in the gadget.

These would be the detailed steps:

1. Navigate to the board selected in the gadget > ... > Board settings > Columns > Map the status "ready for deployment" in any columns, except for the first and the last one.
  2. Navigate to Project settings > Workflow > Edit > Check if there are any screens or post functions that would set the resolution to the transitions that lead to the "ready for deployment" status. If that's the case, remove it.
  3. Still in the workflow page, check if the status category is "In progress" (Yellow). If it is not, click to edit and change its category.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events