How to disable email notifications from Automation for Jira?

Aishwarya Rajendra June 24, 2021

Wanted to know if there is any way to disable the email notifications that we receive from Automation for Jira.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

Have you disabled the email notifications in rule details when the rule fails ?

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 09.41.21.png

What does your annoying notifications look like ?

Aishwarya Rajendra June 25, 2021

Hey @Flavien Gache 

Isnt "Error notification" applicable only when the rule fails?

Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

Yes.

Could you precise us the text and/or what does the notification you receive look like ?

Aishwarya Rajendra June 27, 2021

Hi @Flavien Gache

I have selected the option- DONT NOTIFY, yet i'm recieving email notificationsnotification from automation from jira.png

Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

Yes, it is because your notification does not come from automation, it is sent by your notification scheme. I think the person who created the notification scheme set up the notifications when somebody is assigned to an issue. You can ask your jira admin to disable this type of notifications, or do it yourself if your are admin.

Aishwarya Rajendra June 28, 2021

Is it? Okay thank you @Flavien Gache :)

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

@Aishwarya Rajendra  You would need to go into the automation rule and edit it.

Kind regards,

Moses

Aishwarya Rajendra June 24, 2021

Hello @Moses Thomas ,

i dont see any edit option in both ACTION AND RULE DETIALS for disabling notifications.

automation disable notifications.png

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

@Aishwarya Rajendra  I am not sure you are checking the right thing you should see something like this

Notification.PNG

Kind regards,

Moses

Hello @Moses Thomas 

I have the above mentioned option in few rules only.

Any solution for the other rules that dont have this option? 

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

@Aishwarya Rajendra   check Rule details  :)

@Moses Thomas I choosed the option -DONT NOTIFY but i'm getting Notifications-

automation notifications.png

Suggest an answer