How to differentiate two different jira status in a single column of jira board

Tamil December 29, 2020

Hi ,

I have kept Status In Progress and Hold Status in Column "In Progress" in jira board. However i want to differentiate the two statuses in board column. How to achieve that? 

Thanks,

Tamil

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Hi Tamil,

do I understand you question correctly that you want to create separate columns whereas you currently have two status mapped to one column?

If so, you could create a new column and shift over one status to the newly created column.

Regards,
Daniel

Tamil December 30, 2020

@Daniel Ebers  I want In Progress and Hold Statuses to be placed under Board Column In Progress. Not a separate column. Is there any way in it?

Thanks,

Tamil

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Yes, this is possible also. You can have several statuses in one column.
When choosing to do so please be reminded that you are not able to transition an issue using drag and drop then from status "in progress" to "on hold" and vice versa.
This is due to the design of Jira and a normal occurrence.

Tamil December 30, 2020

@Daniel Ebers When two statuses are placed in a single column, i need a way to differentiate these 2 statuses in some way either through colour or any other?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2020

Got it.
Yes, this is really something that can be done using Card colors like Trudy wrote.

grafik.png

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

Hello @Tamil 

I work with JIRA Cloud, so I'm not sure if these are options available in JIRA Server.

You could either:

1. Add the Status field to the Card Layout for cards on the board.

OR

2. Add Card Colors to assign a color to the card on the board based on its Status value.

Suggest an answer