How to delete a board in JIRA cloud

David Twomey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2019

This page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-a-board-764477974.html

says go to Search->View All Boards  but that option doesn't exist in the JIRA cloud. 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2019

Click on magnifying glass and down at the bottom you should see “boards” and can click on it. Once on that page find the board an click on ellipses to the right.

David Twomey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2019

Thanks.  I found it. 

I had to go Search -> Then the top search box only searches JIRA.  At the Bottom of the page is another search box that had 'Advanced Search for Issues' .  And 'Issues' was a drop down that had Boards as a member of the drop down - when i selected that i was brought to the page that allowed me to delete. 

Like Bartlomiej Maron likes this
Henrik Omdal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 15, 2021

Hi David ... Im having the same issue ... I cant for the life of me find the delete button ... and the steps you followed doesnt seem to work here

Like Admin likes this
Greg Williams July 25, 2021

They've changed it around.

You have to go to the cog in the upper right for Settings then select Issues (EDIT: This step may not be necessary, but I'm keeping it in here just in case)Board-1.jpg
Then click the search box at the top of the page.

When the window appears, at the bottom where is says Go to all:, click Boards: 
Board-2.jpg

The list of boards will appear, search for the one to delete, and then click the 3 dots to the right and choose Delete.
Board-3.jpg

Like # people like this
Manuel Voss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 18, 2022

I can't think of any way to make this more intuitive. Great UX here. :D

Like # people like this
Andrew Marshall August 1, 2022

FWIW, the above solution, navigating to Settings in the upper right corner, in particular, requires Jira System Administrator permissions. To delete boards you own without being a system admin, you need to open the board selection list on the left, like you are selecting another board to view, but instead click VIEW ALL. This will take you to the Boards page like above, where you can use the 3 dots to delete.

You can also get to this page by selecting Your work -> Boards tab -> View all boards from the top menu.

Like # people like this
Joe Timmerman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 7, 2023

Thanks Andrew for those clear, but backwards requirements to delete my own board.  very intuitive, NOT!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer