How to delete a Kanban board in my project?

olaruh February 7, 2018

I would like to delete the newly created Kanban board and create a Scrum instead.  

4 answers

1 accepted

14 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2018

If you are on the new UI...

• click magnifying glass upper left sidebar
  • scroll down to boards section and click view all boards
  • find your board in the list and click ellipses on far right select delete
olaruh March 5, 2018

Thank you Jack. I will look into it tomorrow. :-) 

Elena Shipinskaya April 24, 2018

Thank you so much for this! The new Jira UI is so confusing, I would never figure this out!

Like # people like this
Radha Chhuttani May 4, 2018

how can check glass upper left sidebar

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

@Radha Chhuttani, I don’t understand your question.

How can I delete board from JIRA

I am using kanban board which i want to delete ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2018

if on Cloud using the new UI you should see something like below on left sidebar. Click the magnifying glass and follow the rest of the steps above. If you are not on the cloud version then if memory serves you should be able to click on the Boards menu item and Manage all boards (or similar). In that screen you can click ellipsis and delete

Like # people like this

thanks its work 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2018

great. would you mind clicking the checkmark next to the votes at the top of this answer so it is closed out.

leons November 23, 2019

I followed the steps for clicking the mag glass, select view all boards, and found on the list, however there is no ellipse on the right side, so I am unable to delete.  This is a new board and nothing has been added or committed, so there is nothing else to view. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2019

It may be that you are not the owner of the board?

leons November 25, 2019

I created the board, and it shows me (big letter L and says LeonS when I point at it), but it also says New Gen rather than Kaban...so I guess it is not really a Kaban Board

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2019

ok so that is the default board and it cannot be deleted. I was assuming you created a classic kanban board.

However, let's now back-track to the beginning. If you simply want to change from Kanban to Scrum in Next-gen go to Project settings > Features and turn on "Sprints".

Paula Manildi August 31, 2021

Seems like a step was skipped. If look at boards in the left side nav, need to click on VIEW ALL BOARDS to get the list.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2021

@Paula Manildi , the UI has changed quite a bit in the past couple of years. 

today my steps would be:

1. click into quick search bar in the menu bar
  2. click on the Boards lozenge
  3. find your board in the list
  4. click on the ellipses at the right
  5. select delete

note: you cannot delete the board for a TMP or the default board associated with a business CMP project

Like # people like this
Paula Manildi August 31, 2021

Nice! I had not seen that funcitonality!

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2022

Aha!  Thanks @Jack Brickey, that was the clue I was struggling to find!

0 votes
HK November 2, 2021

@Jack Brickey this worked, thanks. I'm new to Jira and searching where is what is in itself a Epic :)

0 votes
anita.patel September 17, 2021

Thanks Jack. It works for me

0 votes
DENIS GALIPEAU June 22, 2018

It works fine for me! Thanks! :-)

anita.patel September 17, 2021
  • click magnifying glass upper left sidebar
  • scroll down to boards section and click view all boards
  • find your board in the list and click ellipses on far right select delete

Suggest an answer