How to define project admins with sufficient privileges

Phil Rowntree December 7, 2021

Hi, New to Jira Cloud (standard package)  and not used Jira for several years and trying to set it up to work as new company level tool. I am the account holder so all privileges but trying to figure out how to set up admins who can manage company defined projects (including setting them up and doing workflows and all that, but don't have all the account holder privileges. WE want to be able to control the setup and have the users be users, eg different project types and workflows and so on set up for the appropriate groups who will use it without giving them the direct ability to muck about with things as has happened in previous tooling. Any help and assistance would be gratefully received as its all very different now from what both me and my colleague remember using way back when. At the moment I seem to be the only one who can create workflows and edit them and all that sort of thing on any company level project, despite having set my colleague up as a project administrator.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

I feel, welcome to the community.

I would refer you to the following article to get started. There are also adjacent articles listed there as well. It sounds like what you want is the set up people as project administrators. how-do-jira-permissions-work . If this doesn’t help with your immediate needs please let me know.

As you move forward if you have some specific questions please continue to reach out to the community. For sure Jira cloud has and, continues to, change rapidly. Hang on tight 😉

Phil Rowntree December 9, 2021

Hi Jack,

Many thanks for your suggestion, We will certainly take a look and see what it can do to help us get a better understanding of how we can set things up.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events