How to create task without license software/servicedesk

Petr A January 19, 2021

Hi there!
I understand correctly that only users with licenses can make the ability to create requests through the "create" button?
Tried it in different ways, but a user without a license, but with access to the site, does not see anything except the service desk project portals and cannot even view the list of all projects.
Thanks a lot!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Yeah ,

In Jira Software Without license we can't create a issue.

In Jira service Management , we have to register as user to raise a concern, (this is not chargeable) only Agents (Who solve issues raised by users) are chargeable in JSD / JSM. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

have you looked into using emails? Is your question about JSW, Core or JSM?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

You can create an issue in JSW w/o a license via email. You have to create in incoming email handler and you need to set the Default reporter to some user OR you have to configure to automatically create the user using the From email address. 

Petr A January 19, 2021

@Jack Brickey 
My question is related to JSW and creating a request for a form via the create button at the top of the screen. Now an additional package of licenses has been purchased for this purpose, and each user, who is in fact a customer, has a license and has the ability to create, but this is still not enough

I believe that if a user is created, but he does not have licenses, then he has the right to see a list of publicly available projects and projects of a new generation, and create in all projects where he is allowed to send tasks.

Sending by email is not quite suitable for this purpose, but thanks for the advice, it may come in handy later.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

Sorry, I thought you were looking for a way to have non-licensed user create issues. If the user is licensed and they have been given access to JSW app then they can use the Create button to create issues in any project where they have Create permissions.

I think the issue is that you have given these user "Site access" but NOT access to the Jira app itself. Without being licensed for the app they cannot create issues in the app.

Like Petr A likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events