How to create issues using direct HTML links in Jira Server

Michelle May February 26, 2021

Hello -

The following url is very helpful and I have created pages using the following format as an example;

https://jira.oci.oraclecorp.com/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=18603&issuetype=1&priority=10701&components=23256

However, when I try viewing the page source to find Issue Type = Bug, zero results are returning.

Can someone please provide the Issue Type ID to create a "Bug" link; instead of story, epic, etc.

Thank you! 

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Hi @Michelle May 

https://your-domain.atlassian.net/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10012&issuetype=10007&priority=3&summary=test

Have the IDs of issue type and then place them in the URL.

Issue type id will come in thousands and priority in single digits, please check that.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

FYI,

A1.png

A2.png

Thank you! 

I setup the following IDs:

EPIC = 10000

Story = 10001

Task = 10110

Sub-task = 10101

Escalation =13113

Postmortem =12905

Process Change =12903

Process Improvement =14700

I just can't find what ID to use for Issue Type = Bug

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

Please go to the administration page and edit the bug issue type, you will get to know the id in the URL.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

I appreciate everyone's response. I found the Bug ID by using the "export" option, select "xml" then type id for Bug = 10102

Like Pramodh M likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events