How to create an automation message from Jira to Slack using custom fields using WebHooks?

renato.dandalo July 23, 2020

I added many custom fields on my Jira project, but now I need to create a automatic message to notify a person (Code review name) that received an card from 'Doing' status to 'Review' status, But... I can capture the 'reviewer' (customized) field and his name. Any help?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

Hi Renato,

I realize this question is a bit old, but have a solution for you. Using Automation in Jira (which sends a message with a webhook), you can trigger a message when an issue changes to "Review" status.

The trick of course is getting the Slack handle of the Reviewer so that Automation can send them the direct message. We've put up a script that can sync the Slack IDs of Jira users (based on their email addresses) which can help out!

You can use a smart value to get the Slack ID of the Reviewer and add that to the "Channel or user" section to send that person a direct message.

If you need any assistance setting this up, give me a shout!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events