How to create a "simple" line chart showing non-closed items in a project over time?

Kevin Jackey August 19, 2022

So am trying to create a graph that shows (hopefully) the decrease in our open items over time in  a particular project.  

Did a search and found a few articles that were for similar issues that suggested creating a two dimensional filter chart, and I have my filter defined but the X-Axis options don't include "Date" or anything similar. How would I create this seemingly simple chart?

2 answers

0 votes
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Kevin Jackey 

As Trudy mentioned, you will probably need a 3rd party app to pull the data in a proper visual format.

There are a lot of reporting options in the Atlassian Marketplace. You can look around the Reports category and do your research.

However, as a Marketing Manager of Custom Charts for Jira, I can show you our solution to the 1 & 2D line charting: https://ossapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CCFJ/pages/963182593/1D+Line+Chart

You can check the supported fields and assess whether it resolves your issues. Hope it helps! :)

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hello @Kevin Jackey 

Welcome to the community.

I don't think you can actually make such a chart with native Jira functionality. Jira does not provide much functionality for making custom line and bar charts. You will need to look into third party apps that extend the reporting functionality.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events