How to create a new board in the new generation project?

Nouha Ben Abdallah December 15, 2020

Hello community, 

I'm having difficulty to create a new board in my new generation project. I only have the sprint board but I would like to create another one in the same project ( a board just for PO in order to see tickets in spec)

Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

Hi @Nouha Ben Abdallah  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should be able to create the board and attach it to a filter for the Next-gen project you want to use. You might not be able to attach it to the Location for the project though. But that will not keep it from working against your project. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

I have created a Classic software project for Basic Next-gen Project links like that. You can link it to any project that you can which will allow you to get to the board from within that project. But you will still only see cards from the filter you attach to the board. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2020

Disclaimer - things change in Cloud and especially NG frequently so my response could be dated. :-)

To create a board you must have permissions to do so. Assuming you do - click in the search box, click on boards icon at the bottom, click create board, chose the type you want, for the Location you will need to use your profile as you cannot add another board to the project directly in NG.

I did that. I should also choose the project not only the location, but I cannot choose my NG project...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2020

that was my point. You cannot choose the project you must instead use your Profile as the Location. You will also want to create a filter and use that for your board creation - create from existing filter.

project = myngproject

Like John Funk likes this

It's mandatory to choose the project. So I can choose any project? 

Ah Ok when choosing the board type I should choose "with existing filter" 

Thank you for your answer ! 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2020

Basically, yes.  But to keep it from showing up in the list of boards for that project that it might not apply to, it is better to create a generic Classic Software project for this purpose as Jack suggests. 

Suggest an answer