How to create a Quick Filter for all Issues with a Linked Issue to a specific Issue

Luke May 17, 2023

I would like to be able to: 

1/ Set up 5-10 Quick Filters on my company kanban.

2/ Each Quick Filter (let's call them L97, L98, L99...) filters all Issues that have any type of Linked Issue to a specific Issue from another Project(s)

3/ E.g. select L99 Quick Filter and it filters all tickets on my ProjectABC kanban that have a Linked Issue (of any relationship type) to Issue XYZ-99 on ProjectXYZ kanban

The filter lookup seems to be ok with:

linkedIssue = XYZ-99

But when I check the actual filter on the board it doesn't seem to work, i.e. no Issues show even though I have triple checked the links are present. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hello @Luke 

did you try IssueLink = XYZ-99

Else your quick filter looks good. Can you browse these issues with an advanced research ? 

Luke May 17, 2023

Oh my goodness, was it really that simple?! 😊

Thank you!

Using the following solved it:  

IssueLink = XYZ-99 ✅

I had mistakenly put:

linkedIssue = XYZ-99 ❌

Which annoyingly Jira had validated! In fact it prompted/suggested the following if you type 'link' into the Quick Filters JQL field...

linkissue.jpg

Like JM Perrot likes this
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

It's vicious, I agree

I didn't now the difference between this both queries before, thanks to you ;)

Like Luke likes this
0 votes
Vicki June 16, 2023

Could i ask how to set up the filters for 2) on lukes post . Im looking to do the same thing I think ...

Issue type= Epics

that has an implements linked issue

OR

that does not have a linked implements issue

Looking to understand any 'orphaned' epics>initiatives 

@Luke @JM Perrot 

Vicki June 16, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD