How to convert "next-gen" project to "classic" type

sathis kanna krishnasamy November 6, 2018

Hi,

I created the project as next-gen type. But later i realized that Subtask option is not displayed in User Story.  The current "next-gen" project has already EPICS,user stories and Sprint which is started. 

Now, how can i covert the project type from  next-gen to classic?

Regards,

Sathis

5 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

Hello,

The only way to convert next-gen project to a classic project is to create a classic project and move all issues from the next-gen project to the this classic project.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

You would need to recreate sprints and boards.

Like mengyun.wu likes this
sathis kanna krishnasamy November 7, 2018

OK thanks Alexey

Jessica Hugghins November 15, 2018

Do you have to move one story at a time?  I haven't found a way to bulk edit from next-gen to Classic project.

Like # people like this
Sahan Wijerama March 7, 2019

Will it transfer all the custom fields and the links as well? @Alexey Matveev

Like # people like this
Sahan Wijerama March 7, 2019

Hi @Alexey Matveev 

Will transfer all the custom fields and the linked tasks too?

Like andrés likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2019

It will transfer all links except epic links. It will not transfer values for custom fields, created in the project.

You can export all issues from this project to a csv file, then bulk move issues and then restore data from the csv file by using the import functionality.

Like # people like this
Jonathan Regeimbal December 12, 2019

Hi @Alexey Matveev ,

I've run into an issue where the Description field becomes blank during bulk move even if I check the option to "Retain".

There is also a problem with your approach.  The IDs of the moved issues will change.  How would one be able to map the correct Description to the now moved issues?

Like andrés likes this
andrés May 2, 2020

@Alexey Matveev Could you please advise on how to do the above?

Thanks

kadar khan March 3, 2021

Hi @Jonathan Regeimbal,

First you need to find the Issue ID with the help of Summary and then update the Issue ID in the csv file and then upload it. This way existing field data will come.

Thanks,

Kadar

1 vote
Answer accepted
sathis kanna krishnasamy November 6, 2018

Thanks Alexey. Any idea everything can be moved completely or we need to compromise few things like recreating sprint etc?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2019

Currently you do not need to recreate sprints. Sprints will be created for you

Like George.Bright likes this
7 votes
Patrick M January 29, 2021

I wish I had known "next-gen" means doesn't work doesn't do anything not ready for showtime.

Ryan Smith February 1, 2021

AGREED.

Next-gen is totally useless and now I have to migrate everything back to classic.  UGH

Like # people like this
Deleted user July 21, 2021

Zing!

0 votes
Harutyun June 30, 2020

@Alexey Matveev  above you had mentioned about it "It will transfer all links except epic links. It will not transfer values for custom fields, created in the project."

I want to know about current situation. Is there any changes currently, if yes , please, let's to know.Thanks

Suggest an answer