Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to convert "next-gen" project to "classic" type

Hi,

I created the project as next-gen type. But later i realized that Subtask option is not displayed in User Story.  The current "next-gen" project has already EPICS,user stories and Sprint which is started. 

Now, how can i covert the project type from  next-gen to classic?

Regards,

Sathis

5 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hello,

The only way to convert next-gen project to a classic project is to create a classic project and move all issues from the next-gen project to the this classic project.

You would need to recreate sprints and boards.

Like mengyun_wu likes this

Do you have to move one story at a time?  I haven't found a way to bulk edit from next-gen to Classic project.

Like # people like this

Will it transfer all the custom fields and the links as well? @Alexey Matveev _cPrime_

Like # people like this

Hi @Alexey Matveev _cPrime_ 

Will transfer all the custom fields and the linked tasks too?

Like andrés likes this

It will transfer all links except epic links. It will not transfer values for custom fields, created in the project.

You can export all issues from this project to a csv file, then bulk move issues and then restore data from the csv file by using the import functionality.

Like # people like this

Hi @Alexey Matveev _cPrime_ ,

I've run into an issue where the Description field becomes blank during bulk move even if I check the option to "Retain".

There is also a problem with your approach.  The IDs of the moved issues will change.  How would one be able to map the correct Description to the now moved issues?

Like andrés likes this

@Alexey Matveev _cPrime_ Could you please advise on how to do the above?

Thanks

Hi @Jonathan Regeimbal,

First you need to find the Issue ID with the help of Summary and then update the Issue ID in the csv file and then upload it. This way existing field data will come.

Thanks,

Kadar

Thanks Alexey. Any idea everything can be moved completely or we need to compromise few things like recreating sprint etc?

Currently you do not need to recreate sprints. Sprints will be created for you

Like George.Bright likes this
1 vote
Patrick M I'm New Here Jan 29, 2021

I wish I had known "next-gen" means doesn't work doesn't do anything not ready for showtime.

AGREED.

Next-gen is totally useless and now I have to migrate everything back to classic.  UGH

Like # people like this

@Alexey Matveev _cPrime_  above you had mentioned about it "It will transfer all links except epic links. It will not transfer values for custom fields, created in the project."

I want to know about current situation. Is there any changes currently, if yes , please, let's to know.Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

205 views 13 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you