How to connect mail handler to software project?

Anton Boyd May 5, 2023

I need to set up a way for emails sent to a certain email address get created as tasks in a software project. I know this is easy to set up for a service desk but I can't seem to figure out how to do it for a software project. If the email address is Gmail do I need to connect the Gmail server or can I use the Default Cloud Mail Server jira@company.atlassian.net? 

2 answers

0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Anton Boyd ,

Welcome to Community!

I can advise you to use Email&Tasks: Jira Cloud for Gmail add-on. My team developed it.

With this app, you can effectively manage your Gmail inbox. 
Powerful Jira&Gmail integration allows you to convert emails into issues, edit it, comment, etc.

Add-on enhancing by GPT-3.

Here is 30-day trial for you. 

I hope it helps you to resolve your question.

E&T 3.gif

0 votes
Ken McClean
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

If you have a mail server set up on your Jira instance, you can use the Incoming Mail setting to handle incoming email, and tell the handler what to do with the mail:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events